Cuisinart Canada's "#bakenewmemories" Contest Rules and Regulations
- No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter.
- The #bakenewmemories Contest (the "Contest") is sponsored by Cuisinart Canada ("Cuisinart Canada"), a division of Conair Consumer Products ULC ("Conair"). There will be 7 draws in this Contest (as described further below) to win 6 weekly prizes of a Cuisinart Precision Master™ Stand Mixer and 1 Grand Prize to win a “Cuisinart Kitchen” with a retail value of approximately $2000 CDN.
- HOW TO ENTER:
Submit a SHORT STORY
Did you and your mom bake together when you were a kid? Or maybe your mom made a favourite batch of cookies for holidays or special occasions? Whatever memory you have, we want to hear it! Enter for your chance to win! Don’t forget to include the hashtag #bakenewmemories so we can see your post.
Submit a RECIPE PHOTO
Do you love baking? Do you have a go-to recipe that you’re proud of? We want to see your creations! Snap a picture of your favourite recipe (cookies, pies, cakes, anything you’d like!) for your chance to win. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #bakenewmemories so we can see your post.
To be Eligible to Win:
- Like Cuisinart Canada on Facebook
- Submit a short story of a baking memory or a recipe photo including the hashtag #bakenewmemories and you will be entered into a random draw for a Cuisinart Precision Master™ Stand Mixer and the Grand Prize of a "Cuisinart Kitchen"
- Winners must take a picture of their new mixer. They can either take a picture with them using the mixer or just the mixer in action
- Your profile must be set to PUBLIC or else your entry is disqualified
- There is a limit of one (1) submission permitted per person per Facebook account
Eligible participants will gain one (1) entry for the Grand Prize.
No other form of entry is valid. Submissions via automated programs, bots or third-party services are prohibited, and any entrant who enters or attempts to enter using such methods/services will be disqualified. Submissions by the same person/household in excess of the limit stated above will be void and may result in disqualification of the person/household responsible for the excess Submissions. All Submissions become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
We will announce each winner weekly on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). The winner (who will be chosen at random) will be contacted via direct message. All entries into the contest, during the contest period will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE, a “Cuisinart Kitchen”. The Grand Prize will be drawn on or after May 15th, 2017.
- Content Restrictions:
i. The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, other companies or their products, or any other individual;
ii. The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
iii. The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous;
iv. The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
v. The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any province where Submission is created.
- Submissions must be received no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time (EST) May 14th, 2017.
There is a limit of one (1) Submission permitted per person per Facebook account.
- Submissions generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions of individuals included in Submissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- By entering the Contest or uploading a Submission, entrant consents to the granting of, and grants, Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display any Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, without any further compensation, permission or notification. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
- In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is a natural person assigned to the Facebook account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to all residents of Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, except residents of Quebec (collectively, the “Participants”). Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and its advertising and promotional companies and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- Contest Period: April 3rd – May 14th 5 PM Eastern Time, 2017.
- Prize: Seven (7) winners will be selected at random, by Cuisinart associates. The weekly draw will take place each Friday of the contest by 5pm ET (April 7th, April 14th, April 21st, April 28th, May 5th, May 12th). The winner (who will be chosen at random) will be will be contacted via direct message. All entries into the contest, during the contest period will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE a “Cuisinart Kitchen”. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on one or more of Cuisinart’s social media channels on or after, Monday, May 15th, 2017. The Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
- Grand Prize: "Cuisinart® Kitchen"
- 1 CBT-2000C Hurricane Pro™ Blender ($599.99 retail)
- 1 CSO-300NC Combo Steam and Convection Oven ($359.99 retail)
- 1 SM-50BCC Precision Master™ Stand Mixer – silver ($449.99 retail)
- 1 SS-15C Duo-Brew Coffee Maker ($299.99 retail)
- 1 77-10C 10 pc Classic Collection Stainless Steel Cookware Set ($499.99 retail)
- Weekly Prize: 6 Cuisinart® SM50 Series Precision Master™ Stand Mixers will be given away as weekly prizies. These mixers may be in any one of the following models: SM-50RC Red, SM-50BCC Silver, SM-50C White. Model selection to be determined by Cuisinart Canada.
Grand Prize items s are valued between $299.99 - $599.99. Cuisinart reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
The drawings will take place by Cuisinart associates at the head office of Cuisinart Canada at 100 Conair Parkway, Woodbridge, ON L4H 0L2. Each winner is responsible for all federal, provincial, local and income taxes associated with their winning prize.
- The winner will be notified by Cuisinart Canada commenting on the Facebook post. In order to win, a winner must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without human, electronic, mechanical or other assistance, to be administered by Cuisinart Canada associates by e-mail or by phone (at Cuisinart Canada's sole option) at a mutually convenient time, and sign a Declaration/Release form (in the form requested by Cuisinart Canada) confirming eligibility for the Contest, compliance with the Contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded, and containing a release of liability and, at Cuisinart Canada's option, a publicity consent. The signed Declaration/Release will need to be received by Cuisinart Canada within twenty four hours of the date the Declaration/Release is sent by Cuisinart Canada to the winner, or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by random draw.
If a winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of the draw date, is not eligible for the Contest, or has not complied with these rules (including meeting all of the Contest conditions), he/she forfeits any right to the prize (whether or not the name of the winner has already been announced by the Sponsor), and another winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible Submissions. The process may be repeated, if necessary.
By signing the Declaration/Release form, a winner shall confirm their permission and consent to Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, place of residence (city and province/territory only), submitted posts or comments for Cuisinart Canada’s internal and external marketing purposes, which include but are not limited to, social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.), online websites, printed material, and other advertising channels and outlets, without any further compensation, permission, notification or other liability or obligation to the winner.
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced on one or more of Cuisinart’s social media channels on or after Monday, May 15th, 2017.
- Chance of winning depends on the total number of eligible Submissions received.
- No substitution or transfer of prize is allowed except at the sole discretion of Cuisinart Canada. Prizes are not redeemable or substitutable for cash or credit, in whole or in part, except at Cuisinart Canada's sole discretion. Prize must be accepted as awarded.
- By entering this Contest or uploading a Submission, entrants release:
(i) Cuisinart (including Cuisinart Canada) and its affiliates (including their successors and assigns), and (ii) the respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives of those in (i), (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all claims and liability, losses or damages of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, arising out of or relating to any of the prizes, the conduct of the Contest, entry or participation in the Contest and any claims based on personality or privacy rights, defamation or merchandise delivery.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees are not responsible for (i) Submissions lost, not received by Cuisinart Canada, late, misdirected, stolen, damaged, garbled, destroyed, containing inaccurate information or delayed for any reason (whether due to technical difficulties, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or otherwise), (ii) any failure of the website or other technical difficulties during the duration of the Contest, including any faulty electronic data transmission, equipment failure, or other online communication problems, problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, networks, access providers, computer equipment/hardware or software (iii) other difficulties or errors in the administration of the Contest (including, without limitation, viruses and bugs), and (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant's or another person's computer system occasioned by or relating to participation in this Contest or downloading any information relating to this Contest, and (v) any injury or damage suffered by the Winner by attending the class that is the subject of the Prize.
- Cuisinart Canada reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or a portion of the Contest at any time, with or without awarding any prize and without liability, if, in Cuisinart Canada's opinion (i) the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, or (ii) the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any causes beyond its control.
Submissions which are fraudulent, tampered with or altered, are not eligible.
All decisions respecting any matter relating to this Contest (including, without limitation, respecting whether a person is an entrant, whether an entrant is eligible, or whether an entrant is a winner) shall be made in the sole discretion of Cuisinart Canada and all decisions of Cuisinart Canada respecting any matter relating to the Contest or the prizes are final.
- All Submissions become the property of Cuisinart Canada and will not be returned. By entering the Contest or uploading any Submission, entrants agree that (i) Cuisinart Canada may use any Submission in any form, media or technology, including but not limited to any social media site, Cuisinart website and in printed promotional materials and (ii) Cuisinart Canada may use (including the reproduction, broadcast and publication) their names, place of residence (city and province/territory only), submitted comments or “survey responses” and the fact that they are entrants or winners of this Contest and all matters incidental thereto in any future advertising or publicity carried out by or for Conair (including Cuisinart Canada) or its successors or assigns, without further compensation, permission or notification.
- By entering the Contest or uploading a Submission, entrants (i) agree to be bound by these official contest rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, and is void wherever prohibited by law. These rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of any entity having jurisdiction over Conair (including Cuisinart Canada). To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other the Releasees in connection with the contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this contest.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Conair (including Cuisinart Canada) reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Residents of Quebec: Sorry, due to rules and regulations stipulated by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, this Contest is not open to residents of Quebec.
- Cuisinart does not condone the submission of information that infringe upon any copyright, trademark, property right or any other applicable right without full required source acknowledgment.